Monday, December 2, 2013

Independent Post #5


I decided to include this image for no other reason than that it was pretty. It's my last post; can't hurt to go out with a bang, right?

No? Too cheesy? Okay . . .

But fireworks do symbolize endings, at least I think they do, in a lot of contexts. And this course is drawing to a close.

Tomorrow will be our very last day. Our final assignment isn't due until Thursday, but still, after tomorrow, that will be it. No exam for us to glance at each other politely in before we get down to writing; tomorrow will be it.

So for my last post, I decided to do a quick reflection on my experiences with the course.

Let's start with the easy stuff; for starters, I always felt bad that I couldn't remember the names of any of my fellow students in the course XP

That probably wasn't at all polite, but maybe owning up for my ignorance now can help somewhat? I don't know, probably not.

Either way, for an 8 AM course, this was definitely not a suck-fest.

That probably sounds bad XDD But I am not a morning person, not in the slightest, and since I come in from Welland my alarm goes off at 5:10 in order to make sure I'm awake, dressed, fed and ready to head out the door for my bus at 7 (it also takes me a while to get out of bed).

I enjoyed the material that was assigned, as well as the assignments we were given. Compared to my other classes, the assignments for this class were very stress-free, even when I acted as a Discussion Initiator. Of course, I could have done a better job at keeping up with the blog XP If I didn't have a blog in another class, I probably would've been a lot better with keeping up with this one.

But the blog aside, the assignments weren't stressful to complete. That doesn't mean they were "easy" by any means - it was quite challenging to have to figure out how to write an exhibition review. And I'm probably going to feel equally challenged when I sit down to do my film analysis. The format won't be the problem, but to be honest, I don't think I understood the film very well. I'm hoping the course readings will help me out in that regard . . .

I liked getting to go and visit Rodman Hall. I never would've known about its existence, or ventured there on my own, if not for this class. Now I have two pins that I took from the front desk, now nestled on the front of my backpack, to show that I made the pilgrimage.

(truth be told, I took 3 pins from Rodman Hall XD)

I feel that I learned a lot from this course. I didn't dread coming into class early in the morning as much as I typically would, and I enjoyed the class material.

And I guess my hope is that I take something from the course and are able to look at arts & culture differently. I hope my ability to write regarding arts & culture has improved.

And now I'm signing off :) See you tomorrow

~ topCAPcritic

No comments:

Post a Comment